if you ever need to turn down unwanted sexual advances, do it Dr. Seuss style
I would not fuck you in a box
I would not fuck you wearing socks
I would not fuck you here or there
I would not fuck you anywhere
instead of saying “i do” at my wedding i’m going to say “believe it”
This is an Anthony Misiano as the Joker post.
Keep moving along there.
Best cosplay in the history of cosplay
next level shit
Best Joker cosplayer.
Good God, this goes beyond cosplay. Hollywood is missing a bet here. Couldn’t you just see that last GIF as the final sequence for a Batman movie trailer? Coming soon to a theater near you….
The ability to do this sort of transformation with makeup and lighting goes right back to Lon Chaney (The Phantom of the Opera) and Conrad Veidt (The Cabinet of Dr Caligari) )and the transformation stays right there in front of the camera the whole time.
1. You have one dream, and it is very small, and everyone around you wants to crush it.
2. Your grandest ambition is to open a small school with four chairs and three well-behaved students, and to someday own a vase with a flower in it, and perhaps to have a second dress.
3. You take that part about the second dress back; you dare not fly so close to the sun, lest Icarus-like, your wings are singed.
4. You have just been walking in the rain, and everyone who raised you is dead, and you are glad.
5. A beautiful and shallow woman that you hate is your best friend for reasons you cannot explain. The more she demands your respect and esteem, the more cruelly you withhold it, which drives her wild. She mocks your station in public; you criticize her morals in private. You suspect her of being Catholic. One night you share a bed and have a fever dream together. She marries a terrible man and sends you fat letters stuffed with passion and longing.
6. Someone compares you to a sparrow. Someone compares your best friend to a scarlet-breasted robin. Someone compares the man you secretly love to a hawk or a crow.
7. None of your pupils are interested in Latin. Your pupils are scatterbrained monsters.
8. You have an enemy who claims to love you. You are competent at embroidering, but not accomplished.
9. You draw horrifying shipwrecks and lightning-ruined oak trees in your spare time. You have never danced, not even once, not even in your dreams.
10. You never tell anyone anything.
11. Someone you have never met has died and left you 20 pounds; you are the richest woman in the world and no man is your master now. You quit your soul-crushing job and move into a cottage. The cottage has whitewashed walls and a small chair for you to sit in; you have never dreamed of so much happiness.
12. You went to France once. You didn’t think much of it.
13. Something has been forbidden to you.
14. You know a man with easily excitable features and very dark whiskers. The two of you argue frequently over points of theology and may very well be in love. He handed you a flower once, and you have never forgotten it.
15. You have a terrible violence in your heart.
i can’t believe it’s 2014 and there’s still no gay romantic comedy about vin diesel and dwayne johnson falling in love
They raise a gaggle of kids undercover working for a gov’t agency together
i would pay multiple dollars to see vin diesel and dwayne johnson portray a cute affectionate couple
also they meet because vin diesel is a volunteer at the local animal shelter and dwayne johnson is thinking of adopting a kitten BUT THEN ends up with a grumpy, old, one-eyed cat named frackles because vin diesel was like “old cats get no love it’s all kitten this, kitten that, meanwhile old frackles has been here for three years” and dwayne johnson hurriedly over-agrees because omg what a cute guy omg. and then frackles turns out to be this wackadoodle, hard-drinking, peeing-everywhere, womanizing, troublemaker cat who turns dwayne johnson’s life upside-down. vin diesel and dwayne johnson have adventures like bailing frackles out of the drunk tank and trying out every possible brand of kitty litter to see if frackles likes any of them. vin diesel knits custom cat toys for frackles and leaves then on dwayne johnson’s doorstep. the end-of-second-act crisis is dwayne johnson thinking he can’t handle it and trying to surrender frackles to the shelter when he thinks vin diesel isn’t on shift buT THEN vin diesel was covering a shift for a friend who’s auditioning for a role in a local musical production and he’s like YOU’RE GIVING UP ON FRACKLES SO I’M GIVING UP ON YOU and won’t hear any of dwayne johnson’s protestations and takes frackles home himself and they get drunk and talk shit about dwayne johnson until they come back around to how much they like him even though he’s a no-fun grump. when they wake up hungover the next morning, dwayne johnson is at the door with the b-plot lady cat who frackles has been so messed up over. he’s adopted her to make frackles happy and signed up for 3 classes at the shelter for new pet parents and spent all night in his garage hand-crafting cat furniture. cut to: vin diesel and dwayne johnson getting married as frackles and booboo (the b-plot ladycat) cuddle in the front row.
The movies I made, I wasn’t even trying to make them diverse. It’s just when you’re a filmmaker of any ethnicity, you’re going to write from your own experience. So all my scripts started with “Hispanic character…” then I’d be like, “Oh, gosh, now I have to find an actor to play this,” and then I’d find there were no actors in Hollywood. It was puzzling.
When I was doing “Spy Kids,” the Weinsteins asked me — not that they were being jerks at all, they were just wondering — "Why are you making the characters Hispanic? It doesn’t make any sense, isn’t this supposed to be for everybody?" “Well, it’s based on my family.”
They’d just never seen it. Hollywood is very much… no one wants to do it first, because what if they screw up? If someone else does it first and it’s successful, then that’s something we can imitate. It just makes business sense for people not to constantly be putting themselves out there.
[Weinstein] said that, and it really put me on the spot to come up with a reason. “Why not just give them American names? It’s America, it will confuse people.” I said “They are American — they’re based on my family, so they’re Hispanic, but they’re going to be speaking in English. It’s going to be for everybody.” But no one had done it before, so there was nothing to point to.
"But why?” They couldn’t understand why I was doing it that way, and I couldn’t come up with a good answer. And I realized, wow, if I wasn’t Hispanic, I would have folded, I would have changed the name. That’s why there weren’t more scripts like that. Somebody would have asked them at some point “Why are you doing it that way?”
Finally, I came up with the right answer. I said “You don’t have to be British to watch James Bond. Making him British actually makes him more universal because it makes him very specific.” And they were like, okay, that makes sense. And we did it, and “Spy Kids” was a big hit. And those who were Hispanic, it really meant a lot to them. People have come up to me for a lot of years since and said “You changed my kids’ whole life. They see little kids who are Hispanic that are spies and they saw your name as the writer and director and you changed their idea of what their future could be.” The ripple effects of that one movie were enormous.
"this is supposed to be for everybody"
I realized, wow, if I wasn’t Hispanic, I would have folded, I would have changed the name. That’s why there weren’t more scripts like that.